The Requirement For Information Security Policy Templates
The GDPR is a specific set of regulations focused on the protection of data – how you handle it and how you store it.
An important part of being GDPR ready is having a set of policies in place that show that you recognise your responsibilities and show that you have worked with others, particularly employees, to make them aware of what they can and cannot do.
In the event of a data breach, the investigating authorities would consider if this was simply poor practice, or if there was a recognition of regulations and the appropriate policies had been put in place, read and signed off, but had been ignored. In the latter case, it would be recognised that the business had taken reasonable steps to protect data – and pursue the miscreant that had breached the policies.
Therefore, having policies in place is very important – If you do not currently have policies in place then the SANS Institute* is an organisation that can provide template policies that may be adapted to suit your business and circumstances – visit them here to see what is available.
*We do not recommend the SANS Institute over any other organisation or provider of policies.
How Do I Use These Information Security Policy Templates?
Click on the button below to go to the SANS website, where they have a library of relevant information security policy templates.
Download the required policy templates by clicking on the desired policy and choosing “DOC”.
These templates are not to be used in their standard, unedited state and require appropriate editing – relevant to your business – by your legal representatives.
Whilst we urge you to gather legal advice on what policies you are required to implement, due to the consensus of the GDPR, we urge that you adopt the following policies:
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Clean Desk Policy
- Disaster Recovery Plan Policy
- Email Policy
- Password Protection Policy
- Security Response Plan Policy
- Remote Access Policy
- Wireless Communication Policy
- Web Application Security Policy
- Internet Usage Policy/Employee Internet Use Monitoring and Filtering Policy
- Personal Communication Devices and Voicemail Policy
- Removable Media Policy
- Server Malware Protection Policy
- Social Engineering Awareness Policy
- Email Retention Policy
- Mobile Employee Endpoint Responsibility Policy
Get In Touch
- “Neuways moved our network servers, phone exchange and 30 users to our new offices over the weekend – after a lot of planning, the move went flawlessly – we switched off our computers on Friday at 4.30pm and started work on Monday morning at 7.30am without a single second of downtime.”
- “We have worked in partnership for many years with Smarterways and this continues now with Neuways. The additional server we recently purchased has undoubtedly improved processes across multiple sites in our business. From specification through to install, our needs have been met once again by their expertise and knowledge. Special thanks to all those involved.”
- “For years we’ve used Neuways and could not be happier. Good quality service with fast resolve times and excellent management. The dedication to system improvements and training of the technicians is outstanding. I would give these guys a five-star rating.”
- “It’s been great working with our Neuways technician today on our new server installation - thanks Neuways.”
- “Neuways have taken the time to gain a greater understanding of our business requirements. This has enabled them to implement immediate IT improvements as well as advising on longer term strategies. Our dedicated Neuways account manager and technicians collaborate with us and share their knowledge and experience to provide responsive tailored solutions.”
- “Neuways act as an external IT manager for WMS, providing a consistently great service for all of our IT requirements.”