Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer – 3rd line / Office 365 and Exchange
The role of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide 3rd line support to our large UK client base. You will work primarily remotely by phone, email or using web-based applications, and maybe required to visit site from time to time.
Joining a team within an exciting and rapidly changing environment, dedicated to business improvement, you will operate in a technically demanding environment providing reactive and pro-active support services in the resolution of IT related issues. The maintenance and optimisation of reliable, cost effective and resilient service to agreed SLA’s will be the primary goal of this role.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
- Receive, manage and record IT help desk requests received either by telephone, web portal or email.
- Dealing with and resolving helpdesk requests e.g. adding users, Active Directory updating, e-mail account creation, networking issues, general IT trouble shooting.
- Server build and configuration prior to delivery to customer site – Windows Server installation, Terminal Services, SQL Server, Exchange Server etc.
- Carry out on-site server installation across the UK for Neuways client base.
- Provide technical consultancy via telephone or on-site consultation.
- Maintain and improve personal knowledge of the products and services required to deliver the required level of technical competency.
- Undertake training and pass exams to stay current with relevant IT developments, as and when requested.
- Maintain appropriate logs of equipment, users and operational activities.
- Responsible for remote monitoring of customer servers, performing regular patching and ensuring server backups are successful on a daily basis.
- There may be the occasional need to provide direct field support (in person) for resolving hardware issues or performing disaster recovery.
- Excellent hardware and software technical knowledge with proven IT industry experience.
- Software – Windows Server 2008-2019, Exchange Server, Active Directory, SQL Server, backup applications (on-premise or cloud), Anti-Virus, VMware, HyperV, Anti-Spam.
- Networking, Switches, Routers, Routing, VLANS.
- Office 365, Exchange 2013 / 2019 installation and migration.
- Office 365 SharePoint and Teams.
- Firewalls (WatchGuard desirable but not essential), ports, DNS Records.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work with professionalism and flexibility, able to work well under pressure.
- Able to prioritise, multitask and manage own workload as well as participating as part of a team.
- Full driving license.
The role requires someone with strong analytical skills, Exchange / Office 365 email administration and troubleshooting skills are essential as this forms a large part of the role.
Send Neuways Your CV
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com