Passwords – Don’t Help The Hackers.
Your business is under constant attack from criminals that are seeking to compromise your business systems and hold you to ransom, divert money from you and your suppliers or use your credentials to purchase high value goods that they receive, and you pay for. Sometimes they want to hi-jack your systems to commit larger crimes and cover their tracks.
Deploying technology such as firewalls, mail filters and web checkers will contribute to making you safe, but any action you take can be worthless if you have a poor password policy.
Using simple passwords such as ‘qwerty123’ or ‘letmein’ is a gift to hackers, as it will only take them seconds to crack and begin to wreak havoc. Using passwords that contain publicly available data about yourself, such as your surname and birth date are also easy to guess by criminals.
The best passwords are of a random nature, are changed frequently and contain unusual characters making them complex and difficult to break. If it’s difficult enough the criminals will try, give up and move on to the next opportunity. Don’t make a gift to the criminals by having a weak password!
Explore the tiles here for advice about how to make passwords secure.
Get Password Help Today
- “For years we’ve used Neuways and could not be happier. Good quality service with fast resolve times and excellent management. The dedication to system improvements and training of the technicians is outstanding. I would give these guys a five-star rating.”
- “Neuways act as an external IT manager for WMS, providing a consistently great service for all of our IT requirements.”
- “Neuways have taken the time to gain a greater understanding of our business requirements. This has enabled them to implement immediate IT improvements as well as advising on longer term strategies. Our dedicated Neuways account manager and technicians collaborate with us and share their knowledge and experience to provide responsive tailored solutions.”
- “Neuways moved our network servers, phone exchange and 30 users to our new offices over the weekend – after a lot of planning, the move went flawlessly – we switched off our computers on Friday at 4.30pm and started work on Monday morning at 7.30am without a single second of downtime.”
- “The communication and response before, during and after our 365 migration was first class from both our Account Manager and the assigned Support Technician. Definitely choose Neuways.”
- “Benefiting from Neuways experience has switched my way of thinking regarding IT issues and how crucial it is to trust your IT adviser. We have total faith in the products and service Neuways provide for us.”